Wishes to empower parents to achieve their academic/vocational goals by providing them with renewable scholarships.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Nominees must be affiliated with a certified agency.
- Certified agencies will have the scholarship application forms.
- Avenue Scholars. Ask for Kelly Bernadt http://avescholars.org
- Child Saving Institute. Ask for Anna Willey http://childsaving.org
- College of St. Mary. Ask for Barbara Treadway http://csm.edu
- Heartland Family Service, Family Works Program http://heartlandfamilyservice.org/counseling-prevention/family-works/
- Mater Filius. Ask for Julie Mainelli http://materfiliusne.org
- Methodist College. Ask for Jillian Krumbach http://methodistcollege.edu
- Youth for Christ. Ask for Carey Oswald http://goyfc.org
- Other agencies are going through certification now!
WHAT IS A CERTIFIED AGENCY:
- Agency must have a support system in place to help the scholarship recipient, to ensure success.
- Agency will promote the opportunities we offer by communicating and seeking out candidates for the scholarships.
- Agency will help the applicant fill out a simple application form.
- Agency agrees to send semester updates on the progress of the scholarship recipient.
- Christ Child Board members will review approved programs from time to time to confirm that recipients are receiving the unique support they need for success.
To Renew a Scholarship, the certified agency must submit a statement (by a certain date to be determined by the Christ Child Society) attesting that the recipient is in good standing, maintaining a passing GPA, and will return to school.
The Christ Child Society Treasurer will send scholarship award money directly to the respective school or program.
If the renewing scholarship recipient suspends the educational or vocational program and then resumes it at a later time, they must re-apply for the scholarship to be considered for additional renewals.