Christ Child Society of Omaha - Certification Track Scholarships
Purpose: Christ Child Society of Omaha’s Certification Track Scholarship Program is designed to empower parents to achieve their vocational goals, and in turn, better serve their children and the community. Scholarships are awarded based on the overall cost to complete the applicant’s certification program. Scholarship awards are available for up to $1,000 for applicants participating in programs that cost up to $2,500 to complete. These one-time scholarship awards are not renewable.
Eligibility requirements for applicants:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have primary responsibility for their child(ren)’s care; child(ren) must live with the applicant.
- Be nominated/endorsed for the scholarship by a certified Christ Child Society of Omaha participating agency (listed below).
- Working with the certified agency, complete the scholarship application form.
- Application deadlines to submit completed forms to Christ Child Society are: March 31; August 31; and December 31.
- Provide proof of enrollment (or acceptance) in vocational training program.
- Submit a personal statement, explaining educational/professional goals.
Process for vocational scholarships – up to $1,000 award level:
1. Christ Child Society of Omaha will accept applications on March 31; August 31 and December 31 via the email address provided to the certified agencies. Applicants must be sponsored by one of the certified agencies (listed below).
2. Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee, comprised of Christ Child Society of Omaha Board members. The committee will select recipients and announce the names to the full Board via email.
3. Applicants will be notified within 4 weeks of the application deadline regarding their scholarship award status.
4. Christ Child Society Treasurer will send the scholarship award money to the respective program, on behalf of the scholarship recipient.
Certified Agencies (as of March 2022) include:
Child Saving Institute
College of Saint Mary. Ask for Barbara Treadway http://csm.edu
Heartland Family Services-Family Works Program
Mater Filius of Nebraska
Nebraska Methodist College
Certified Agencies Requirements:
To continue in good standing with Christ Child Society’s Certification Track Program, the participating agencies must:
- Have a support system in place to help the scholarship recipient ensure her/his success.
- Agree to promote the Christ Child Society scholarship program by encouraging qualified candidates to apply.
- Assist in the application process -- agency submits student recommendation.
- Provide updates about the scholarship recipient’s progress to Christ Child Society on a mutually agreed-upon schedule.